You are here
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining
Our latest client is a market-leader with engine and propulsion manufacturing.
The role will manage a team of manufacturing engineers across two sites.
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in industrial engine manufacturing. Their customers range from automotive, naval, and aerospace industries. The Massachusetts division manufactures integrated marine power and propulsion systems. This company has been a market leader for over 50 years and is continuously rated one of the top big companies to work for by its staff.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining will find responsibilities which include:
- Balance ME efforts to align with goals of the business.
- Support the execution of the Business Unit Plan and lead its technical implementation where appropriate.
- Integrate Business Unit make/buy strategies for key issues such as quality, cost reduction, continuous improvement and Process Excellence into functional ME objectives.
- Create, develop and retain a professional ME community which can support the business processes and objectives.
- Provide guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Lead the deployment of lean manufacturing methodologies into the operation and supply chain.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
The Successful Applicant
- BS Engineering is required. BS Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Must have extensive experience working in machine shop environment.
- 8 years of engineering experience in manufacturing with increasing responsibility.
- US Citizenship is required + ability to maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Experience leading a team of engineers is required, leading manufacturing engineers strongly preferred.
- Lean certifications preferred.
- Experience working across the supply chain.
- Process automation experience strongly desired.
What's on Offer
- Growth position - expected to become Director of Operations.
- Excellent base salary
- High profile role with a global company
- 10% bonus
- Relocation package offered
- Strong benefits package