You are here
Manufacturing Manager (Cable/ Wire)
- Cable/ Wire Experience Required
- Operations Manager
About Our Client
Our client is a $200 MM enterprise specializing in the manufacturer of industrial cables and wires.
Safety-Ensure a safe work place and Meet D.A.R.T. and T.R.I.R. improvement objectives.
- Drive a "Safety-First" culture through STOP, (SAFETY TRAINING OBSERVATION PROGRAM)
- Drive consequence thinking, accountability, and implement a zero tolerance policy toward unsafe acts.
- Ensure appropriate safety and operation-specific training is in place (Safety Orientation and Job Instructions), reinforce Behavior Based Safety and adherence to Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Drive continuous 5S and Safety Improvement activities. Identify, prioritize, and document issues and implement solutions necessary to improve Safety/5S. Manage an active safety project/concern list and 5S initiatives list. Report monthly.
- Coordinate monthly safety meetings with Aetna associates.
- Lead/oversee accident investigations and safety related corrective action implementation.
Quality-Reduce number of Customer Quality issues and reduce non-standard scrap.
- Conduct continuing review/inspection of work-in-progress for adherence to quality standards, production standards, etc. Ensure necessary/specified product inspection and testing at each operation is executed and documented consistently and correctly.
- Ensure operator accountability, consequence thinking and zero tolerance policy towards acts that can result in poor quality.
- Improve reaction time and outcomes associated with quality issue containment and issue resolution.
- Identify, prioritize, and document issues that could lead to quality defects and implement improvements/solutions. Report monthly.
- Lead quality investigations when root cause is anticipated to be operations-related.
- Execute timely and effective completion of Corrective Actions.
On-Time Delivery-Maintain an OTD to promise date of 95%. Maintain an OTD to customer request date of 90%.
- Production Planning:
- Capacity Planning: Develop and maintain a capacity plan to meet customer requirements considering machine loading, manpower, and material on hand, etc. Initiate change to meet commitments.
- Measure OEE on CV, jacket lines and all cable manufacturing related equipment. React to data in order to improvement
- Work from production orders, schedules, forecasts, and, on occasion, verbal instructions to plan production and assign tasks to production personnel for the most effective use of manpower, facilities, and materials. Balance Productivity and OTD.
- Inventory management. Ensure appropriate inventory adjustments are made following each production run. Work with administrative services manager (buyer/planner) to ensure appropriate levels of inventory are on hand to allow for efficient manufacturing flow.
- Effectively manage labor and overtime to ensure deliveries are met cost effectively.
Cost Management - Ensure manufacturing gross scrap rate is below 5%. Strive to achieve a 15% productivity improvement.
- Achieve scrap reduction by identifying sources of scrap and implementing methods, retraining operators as necessary, and/or propose/implement machine upgrades.
- Achieve productivity improvement through a combination of Lean manufacturing techniques, scrap reduction, machine utilization (production uptime), and efficiency (line speeds).
- Measure and report OEE on key processes to understand baseline Labor productivity.
- Monitor and report on in-plant material processing including recommendations for improvements.
- Direct, instruct, assist, and check work of subordinates as to schedules, methods, quality issues, standards of performance, safety precautions, company rules and regulations and other matters affecting their work. Take disciplinary action to notify employees of substandard work or violation of rules and regulations.
- Schedule multiple shift operations. Review and react to daily production/labor reports for various operations.
- Prepare floor production paperwork as needed based on system generated production routers and process notes.
- Maintain discipline and good personnel relations, evaluate and approve/reject new employees, consult with Human Resources as to matters affecting subordinates. Review and make recommendations of wage adjustments for employees, as warranted. Facilitate cross training of employees.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree: Required; Advanced degree in engineering or business: Desired
- Previous experience in multi-stage production operations - Required
- Previous experience in engineered Wire and Cable fabrication - Required
- Previous experience in engineering and quality: Required
- LEAN/6 Sigma certification: Required Black belt: Desired
- Demonstrated Ability to successfully implement Lean Manufacturing: Desired
We operate a series of manufacturing cells within the facility to create a highly engineered, quality critical cable. Given this environment, the ideal candidate will have a strong operations background in quality-critical products, produced through multi-step manufacturing processes. Candidates with strong LEAN and Wire and Cable industry experience will be of particular interest.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a very competitive salary along with full benefits, vacation, 401k match, etc. Relocation assistance offered.