You are here
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Leading aerospace manufacturing company located near the Manchester, CT area
Hiring a Manufacturing Process Engineer with machining/programming experience
About Our Client
A leading aerospace manufacturing company located near the Manchester, CT area.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will have the following responsibilities -
- Initiates tool design concepts and maintains close feedback with other manufacturing engineers, shop floor personnel, management and related customers and vendors.
- Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and implements method and tool improvements. Writes rework and repair methods for non-conformances.
- Provides estimating with support when establishing quotes. Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on military and commercial specifications.
- Able to process sheet metal assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production tooling.
- Proficient in any or all of the following software applications: Solid Edge, NX, and SMP
- Able to create operation sheets and models and manage engineering projects by using MS Project and other MS Office products.
- Familiarity with specifications and requirements for aerospace component manufacturing that includes having knowledge of aerospace welding, coatings, heat treatment, machining and sheet metal fabrications.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Manufacturing Process Engineer will have the following background and skill set -
- BS, Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Five years of hands-on, manufacturing experience solving technical problems and working with production staff. Small company work experience required.
- Basic understanding of electrical theory; able to design, set up and manage electrical test and measurement processes.
- Successful record of designing assembly fixtures and customer equipment to support manufacturing operations.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, databases, and preferably Autodesk Inventor CAD software.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and opportunities for career progression!