You are here
Industry-leading Manufacturer with Global brand and reach
Burgeoning Supply Chain function
About Our Client
- Leading manufacturer of nylon 6 resins & films, which are used to make a variety of products, ranging from automotive parts, to carpeting, food packaging , wire & cable, building materials, sports apparel and much more!
- Diverse product line that is fully-integrated into many important building blocks of chemistry, including caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizer, & many other chemical intermediates used in varying essential products all over the world.
- Well-established organization that has been in operation for nearly 90 years.
- Burgeoning scope and rapid growth across all facets of their business.
- Responsible for executing and maintaining the monthly plan (SIOP) and all associated initiatives to achieve on time shipments to meet internal and external needs
- Drive efficiency across the supply chain through planning and forecasting material replenishment and a production schedule that anticipates and adapts to variable demand requirements in support of the operating plan (SIOP)
- Support and expand on all opportunities to level load the plan to drive improvements in inventory, on-time-delivery, fulfillment, cycle time, capacity management and growth
- Monitor and oversee Finite Scheduling
- Responsible for plant and third-party terminal inventories; must be able to accurately reconcile all locations and tie them together
- Own and facilitate the Inventory Record Accuracy (IRA) metric and understand the Material Usage Variance and Production financial impacts
- Facilitate tag-up meetings/calls with Product Managers, Sales, Customer Service, Finite Schedulers and/or other Planners to provide insight and direction for specific inventories
- Manage competing demands and priorities, and put a high priority on attaining results
- Work closely with other Plant planners and Product Managers to appropriately allocate Phenol and Nadone, especially when shortages arise.
- Work closely with sales and finite schedulers to balance internal needs versus customer needs.
- Coordinate Vessel rotation schedule including working with raw material suppliers to schedule timing. Own, maintain and distribute Vessel and Barge metrics and make efforts to improve cycle time.
- Recognize forward risks in the supply plan (SIOP) and accurately communicate implications with proposed solutions.
- Responsible for Master Data for planning at the Site
- Liaison between many departments; i.e. Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Sales/Commercial, and Plant Operations
- Lead initiatives to streamline systems and process. Work with business group to identify areas for process improvement at all levels of the operation.
- Organize monthly meetings with key supply chain internal and external stake holders including Vessel Owners, Terminal management and Raw Material Suppliers, Lead Raw Materials call with Procurement and Planners
- Work with Supply Planner to develop and maintain appropriate inventory targets and/or Days of Supply
- Own and maintain the forecasting tools and spreadsheets. Automate files to save time and increase planning accuracy
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- 2 years experience in supply chain or production scheduling
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Chemical and/or Refining Industry
- Understanding of 24 Hour Bulk Production Facilities
- In depth knowledge of SAP a strong plus
- Six Sigma Green belt Certification preferred
- Experience developing and process and procedures
- Finance/Accounting knowledge a plus
- Intermediate Skills in MS Office
- Knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning Process, Inventory Record Accuracy, Material Usage Variance
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary based on experience plus comprehensive benefits package