You are here
Materials Procurement Specialist
USD60,000 - USD70,000
About Our Client
My client is a international multisite full cycle design and manufacturing facility based in Connecticut.
- Manage the global performance of a team of buyers throughout the organization. Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the materials management operations. Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy resulting in meeting functional KPIs and improve levels of service to internal and external customers
- Manage, track and maintain required levels of inventory. Analyze pertinent data such as usage history and lead times to establish targets for each location. Review levels of inventory in order to identify excess or obsolescence.
- Manage and coordinate the year end physical inventory and cycle count process at all locations. Ensure SOP's are followed and standardized across all sites.
- Maintain open dialogue with other management to coordinate activities and improve performance and productivity.
- Ensure materials are procured from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Support respective buyer to analyze and negotiate quotations.
- Review & approve purchase requisitions and purchase orders for conformance to company standards.
- Develop a process to effectively manage and reconcile all Customer Furnished Equipment on a monthly basis. Ensure timely reporting of inventory levels to the customer.
- Develop and review personnel to meet departmental objectives
- Control Purchasing department budgets; maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Collaborate with Sales and Product Management team to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory planning
- Assist with the creation of the department budget. Track department performance against the budget.
- Other job related duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task; complete assignments on time
- Strong organization skills; ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials and Logistics Management
- 3-5 years' related work experience
- MS Office applications/Excel knowledge
What's on Offer
Salary, benefits, health, dental, etc.