You are here
Medical Device Quality Engineer - Incoming Inspection
Seeking a degreed engineer with medical device quality experience.
This position is great for an engineer interested in pursing managment.
About Our Client
Our client is a medical device manufacturer whose products are distributed worldwide through a network of over 70+ distributors in Europe, Japan, the U.S., the Middle-East, and Asia.
- Oversee incoming inspection and Calibration departments
- Develop/update metrics and measure performance against agreed targets, budgets and within policies and standards. Includes statistical analysis and trending of incoming materials.
- Conduct performance reviews, manage time off requests to eliminate negative
- Develop test set up and procedures to support component and product testing including verifications, validations and gage R&R studies.
- Ensure the use and compliance of the ISO 13485 QMS
- Review Work Instructions, Quality Plans, FMEAs, specifications, drawings, quality systems and analysis trends.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. BS Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- Supervisory experience with quality technicians or incoming inspection would be preferred.
- Must have at least five (5) years of full-time engineering experience in the medical device industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of established quality inspection techniques such as AQL first article and proof of tooling processes.
- Must have a working knowledge of the ISO13485 quality management system.
- Local candidates only.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary
- Top benefits package - matching 401k, medical, dental, life
- Career growth- this position will be good for an engineer that is interested in going down the management career path
- Top-ranked private medical device company in the area
- Excellent employee-ratings