You are here
Membership and Communications Admin - NFP
Looking for Jr. Admins to assist Non Profit
Organized and quick-paced coordinator needed
About Our Client
Dubbed by the Wall Street Journal as New York's first "mega-shul," our client is one of the largest Jewish congregations in North America and the oldest synagogue in New York City in continuous use.
Every Friday evening, more than 500 people join them for Shabbat worship in their breathtaking Main Sanctuary (a National Landmark) and more than 100 virtual visitors join via live streaming.
Their Religious School and Early Childhood Center play an integral role in the Jewish learning of more than 800 of their children.
- Temp position from May - October.
- Data entry - update member accounts, HHD tickets, guest tickets, reciprocity, and congregation events.
- Must have excellent attention to detail - person will help proof names for print.
- Customer Service - help answer general email inbox, HHD email inbox, and main phone line.
The Successful Applicant
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including pleasant phone manner and the ability to draft communications and to edit others' writing
* Top-notch organizational skills with a keen eye for details, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness in all work products
* Exceptional ability to multi-task, prioritize, learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
* Very strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel and with the internet and internet research
* Suitability for and interest in working both independently and as part of a team including strong interpersonal skills, congeniality, collegiality, and an ability to collaborate
* A strong work ethic which includes positivity, flexibility, enthusiasm and initiative
* An interest in special events and/or development (fundraising)
* Administrative office experience and a college degree
* A professional demeanor
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience with a Jewish or Israel-related field
* Proficiency with FileMaker or other database software
* Proficiency with PowerPoint and PDF software
* Experience with Excel formulas, working with multiples sheets, and conditional formatting
* An eye and aptitude for design and aesthetics
* Hebrew proficiency
What's on Offer
Benefits include a competitive salary, paid vacation, sick leave, all Jewish holidays, medical, vision, dental, retirement plans, and a great work environment.