You are here
- Growing company seeking experienced Metallurgist
- Competetive base and benefits
About Our Client
- Responsible for providing engineering support for welding assembly, customer interface and product performance.
- Assure compliance to customer specifications.
- Supervise and verify all welder and welder operator qualifications
- Establish training guidelines and content; educate operators and support personnel in process flow, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Write and maintain operation manuals and procedures relating to metals joining
- Establish welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, involve use of complex alloys, welding of critical joints.
- Provide technical welding support. Acct as primary contact for questions, issues and interpretations related to welding procedures and codes.
- Assist Quality Control functions in internal and external audits.
- Troubleshoot metal joining problems on shop floor and at vendors' facilities, as needed
- Assist with bid, proposal and contract activity, including plans, presentations to customers and reporting results; provide technical support for RFQ responses.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding current and new weld assembly processing, tooling, and equipment
- Liaise with customer representatives as required.
- Develop and implement documents and procedures for validation of welding equipment and processes to meet or exceed customer specifications
- Evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes
- Schedule and lead the development of all proposed welding procedure specifications and repair procedure specifications in accordance with all contract documents, applicable industry standards and all applicable welding codes
- Submit proposed documents for client review and approval to assure compliance for all welding and mechanical testing related issues
- Maintain all project documentation, produce and maintain all welding procedures
- Review all data provided by Quality Control to assure all welding data is in compliance with all welding procedure specifications
- Direct and coordinate technical inspections to ensure compliance with established welding procedures and standards
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering; advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a Welding Engineer
- Experience with Power Generation and Aerospace experience; knowledge of NAVSEA a plus.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to interface with a team of 20 welders and support staff
- Able to interpret specifications and engineering drawings
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in the development of WPS (Welding Procedure Specifications), PQR (Procedure Qualification Records) and maintaining WPQ (Welder Performance Qualifications), EB welding, GRAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector
- Experience developing, qualifying, writing and obtaining customer approval for welding procedures and schedules.
- Knowledge of commercial, Aerospace, Ground power and/or military welding qualification and fabrication specifications through practical experience.
- Experience with ferrous and non-ferrous materials, including high-strength and/or corrosion-resistant alloy.
- Must have a theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, EB welding and some practical experience is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of welding support in inspection criteria and methods, including non-destructive testing and inspection.
- Strong computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Must possess a working knowledge of AMS, ASME and MIL Standards
- Experience in production, process development or problem solving strongly preferred.
- U.S. citizenship required
What's on Offer
Competitive base + benefits