You are here
Middle Office Project Manager
- Multinational banking and financial services company
- Acknowledged as a world leading bank
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations.They aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
* Change Process Governance:
o Manage delivery of the project from inception to implementation, ensure timely and cost effective delivery
o Actively manage project portfolio conflicts - schedule embargos, resource competition and delivery risk
o Drive consistency in structure, approach, content and quality of the deliverable
o Promote and leverage best practices for project management, business analysis and governance activities
o Align to global standards, tools and processes where practical, e.g. clarity, BTF
* Technology Governance
o Liaise directly with multiple IT groups to ensure business requirements are clearly articulated, understood and tracked as well as ensure that IT deliverables are traceable to agreed business requirements.
o Ensure active operations participation in local implementation as required
o Provide support for Operations resource capacity planning
* Project Management and Implementation
o Responsible for establishing & communicating scope, resource requirements, milestones and success metrics at project onset. Manage, review, control and communicate all project deliverables for the region throughout project lifecycle
o Manage scope and scale of projects to ensure practical expectations and progressive delivery, drive to completion with various stakeholders
o Actively participate in prioritization and change governance forums to reinforce communication and alignment to key management and stakeholder priorities.
o Chair Project steering meetings and working groups to deliver a consistent global message on progress, dependencies and technical aspects to key stakeholders.
* Strategy and tactics
o Ability to identify and recommend pragmatic options for near-term business solutions (inline w/ global strategy)
o Represent Regional interests with the Global Programme Team adapting the global operating model where appropriate
o Navigate through complex global organization structure & formalize partnerships with key participants within IT and business verticals.
* Core Competencies and Behaviors
o Strong motivational skills, while objectively balancing the inevitable highs and lows of major change projects
o People & Organization: Collaborative and consensus building attitude
o Excellent communicator at all levels and across functions
o Accountable for tracking programme / project success criteria (even where deliverables may not be directly in control)
o Integrity: Will make decisions in the best interest of the program / project objectives
o Able to effectively collaborate across locations and cultures
o Proven capabilities in bringing in governance, structure and direction by defining delivery plan for required process and/or technology deliverables.
* Working Relationships:
o Change Manager will Co-ordinate with external parties such as HR, Audit, Compliance, Finance to ensure alignment and cohesion to plan
o Tmely escalations of risks/issues to senior stakeholders to facilitate decision making and continued traction
o Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
* Strong project management and business analysis skills
* Proven track record of project delivery
* Working knowledge of Operations functions - including but not limited to trade support, control functions, regulatory reporting processes across FI, FX and Equities
* Critical thinking and analytical skills
* Strong relationship management and communication skills
* Ability to build and bridge strategic options/recommendations to solve business challenges
* Process mapping, analysis and re-engineering
* Ability to navigate unstructured or ambiguous situations
* Minimum of 5 years experience in project delivery
* Minimum of a BA/BS degree
* Minimum 5 years financial services experience preferable in a global organization
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation based on experience.