You are here
Midwest Sales Engineer Packaging
Cutting Edge Technology
Newly created Role as a result of expansion and growth
About Our Client
The Packaging Sales Engineer will cover a Midwest territory and be based in the greater Chicago area. This person will be in the field visiting customers to provide technical support, understand applications and requirements. The Sales Engineer must be a strong relationship builder and able to discuss technical applications with customers in order to gain the customers trust. This role will be a mix of maintaining and driving growth with existing customers, and prospecting and developing new business with new customers.
- Conduct needs analysis to uncover customer needs and requirements for solutions
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating industry applications for continued product line expansion and sales growth
- Responsible for providing application trainings
- Responsible for leading cross functional application teams, e.g. Sales, Application Engineering and R&D
- Supports regional product marketing with key applications.
- Analyzes market and technical data to provide timely and insightful understanding of key applications' market trends.
- Develop and Retain existing business, by establishing regular customer visits and contacts
- Promote new products and seek new applications for products
- Perform quarterly reviews on all key accounts
- Provide technical support for product development and product launch teams
- Work with Sales Managers on year end results and upcoming year business plan
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (Engineering Preferred - Mechanical)
- Must have high technical aptitude and able to speak knowledgeably on technical applications
- 3 years of technical sales or application engineering experience
- Understanding of the packaging industry
- Excellent communication and present skills to large and small groups
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Microsoft Suite knowledge
- Efficient with CRM tools
- Strong math and problem solving skills
- Trustworthy and strong ethics
- Ability to travel up to 40-50% overnight within territory
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, commission, car allowance, phone, computer, credit card, full benefits, 401K.
Sales, application, engineering, engineer, account, manager, product, manager, manufacturing, manufacturer, packaging, capital, equipment, sealing, food, beverage, electronics, medical, pharma,