You are here
Key role for the bank, with opportunity for internal growth.
Top tier investment bank.
About Our Client
The Model Validation candidate will sit within the risk division at the bank. They are responsible for group-wide management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks.
Risk at this bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organization and the wider industry agenda.
The function identifies, aggregates, manages and mitigates risk across the core activities of market risk management, operational risk, and credit risk, supporting the bank's strategies while protecting its capital and regulatory adherence.
Model Validation candidates responsibilities include:
- Being the subject matter expert and owner of regular validation of models and methodologies within a specific risk or model category. Including Credit, Market, Operational, Derivative Pricing, and PPNR models.
- Independent compilation of detailed validation reports.
- Mitigation of validation findings and documentation.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance specific to SR11-7.
- Building internal and external relationships regarding model risk
The Successful Applicant
Model Validation candidates Qualifications & Skills:
- Professional experience in quantitative model development or validation is a requirement.
- Stochastic calculus is a plus.
- Experience in Basel, Stress testing, DFAST or CCAR.
- Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics or engineering is a requirement, with a PhD being a desirable.
- Very strong technical skills and data management. Experience with VBA, SQL, Matlab and SAS. Experience in C++ is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex mathematical concepts in layman's terms to different areas of the business.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and total compensation. Being a key role for the firm and great opportunity for internal growth.