You are here
National Account Director: Building Material - Houston
Unlimited Growth opportunity
Industry Leading Base Salary Plus Bonus
About Our Client
My client is one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of millwork, and specialty building products for light commercial, residential construction and remodeling. They have 27 wholesale distribution centers serving 41 states around the country. For more than 130 years my client has built relationships and represented the leading manufacturers in residential building- some of the most trusted and reliable names in the industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Complies lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders
- Displays or demonstrates product line
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
- Estimates date of delivery to customer
- Prepares and generates reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts
- Works closely with inside sales representatives, buyers, and product managers
- Coordinates and performs customer training
- Ensures that new customer data and other sales data for current customers is entered into computer database
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
- Investigate and resolves customer problems
- Attends trade shows
- Prepares an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
Successful individuals have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or degree from 2-yr college or technical school or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training
- Industry Experience
- National Account sales and management experience
- Leadership and Building materials sales experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel 3 times a week.
What's on Offer
- Industry leading base salary plus bonuses
- Medical insurance with PPO and HAS option including coverage for spouse and dependents
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- 3 options for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Short/Long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO and vacation
- Ongoing training