You are here
National Key Account Manager Automotive Tier 1
Global Leader of Industrial Automation Solutions
Newly Created Role with a Path to Management
About Our Client
Our client for the National Key Account Manager - Automotive Tier 1 opportunity is with a global manufacturer and leader of industrial automation solutions. Close to $1 billion in revenue and zero debt, this organization is able to consistently invest in R&D and Innovation to remain a leader in the industry. Highly collaborative company culture and strong sales environment.
The National Key Account Manager - Automotive Tier 1 opportunity is a newly created position due to strategic growth. This person will have the opportunity to move into a role to lead the National Key Account Management team as this team continues to grow. The National Key AM will be responsible for driving growth with specific tier 1 key accounts at the corporate level. The National Key Account Manager will also work closely with the local territory sales managers to coordinate sales activity at the plant level. This person will be primary traveling in the local Detroit area with 25% outside of the region working with tier 1 and machine builder customers. This person should have a background in automotive sales, but automation experience is a plus.
- Manage current existing customer relationships in order to grow and expand accounts from the corporate level
- Work cross functionally with internal local sales teams to coordinate sales activities
- Foster the relationships with key customer decision makers and network with related groups to foster complete alignment and agreement in the overall strategy and advocate for both sides to gain agreement that the direction is mutually beneficial to both companies.
- Increase product and brand awareness by representing organization in a professional manner
- Work and challenge the sales team and internal organization to think outside of the box to ensure efficiencies and strategies are in line with company goals
- Report sales activity through CRM system managing sales pipeline, expense reports, sales activities, market trends
- Ability to travel within the Greater Detroit area, and 25-30% outside of the region.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field (Engineering degree - plus)
- 5-10 years of experience in a technical field sales role within automotive or automation
- Proven sales track record selling technical products and systems
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Experience with forecasting, CRM and working in a sales driven goal oriented environment
What's on Offer
$70,000 - $80,000 salary, bonus $70,000 - $80,000 at plan, mileage, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation, and internal growth opportunities.