You are here
New Business Development Manager - Polymer Additives
Global company that has been in business for more than 150 years
Company truly cultivates the entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy for the BDM
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in specialty lubricants, polyols and polymer additives and have been in business for well over 150 years. They pride themselves on their dedication to eco-friendly products and educating their customers on its importance. They truly cultivate an entrepreneurial environment and offer autonomy for their sales team to run their business as if it were their own.
The NBD Manager is responsible for the buildup of new businesses in markets in the NAFTA region, where the current line of polymer additives has currently very little or no actual sales.
The NBD Manager GPA NAFTA is located ideally in Cincinnati and reports to the Global NBD Head.
The NBD Manager GPA NAFTA is performing the following tasks:
-Identify new business opportunities for locally produced Specialty Esters.
- Market expansion of the polymer additives core markets in the US: specialty plasticizers, PVC lubricants, PVC antifogging, PVC antistatic,...
- Identification and evaluation of adjacent markets, where the polymer additives line can leverage its core values and the application know-how of the plastic processing industry.
- Description of NBD projects with financial objectives, actions, milestones and required resources.
- Perform NBD projects according to the stage-gate process.
- High intensity of traveling in NAFTA region (up to 50% of total time) to potential customers, development partners, conferences and institutes.
- Close collaboration with US sales, global and local P&AD and global technical marketing.
- Perform market studies.
- Develop business strategy for successful projects and develop market launch strategies together with the technical marketing.
- Systematic evaluation of acquisition candidates in NAFTA based on market attractiveness, fit to GPA and post integration challenges
The Successful Applicant
- This position requires a university degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Professional experience in the plastics or rubber industry of at least 5 years.
- Willingness to travel 40-60%
- Ability to relocate to Cincinnati if nothing within reasonable driving distance.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary based on experience + bonus
- Pension AND 401K match
- Comprehensive benefits with HSA
- Company car/SUV with full safety package and AWD.