You are here
New Business Development Manager - TPE
Commercialize top quality material science products in brand new markets
Opportunity for growth within global leader in materials manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held, global material science company based in Rhode Island. As a leader in custom-compounding, our client has developed an excellent reputation for its customer-focused approach and high-tech capabilities. Given the consistent success of the organization, they are now looking to grow the business into new markets, and therefore is in search of a New Business Development Manager to help facilitate that growth within the polymer/elastomer industry.
The New Business Development Manager - Polymers/Elastomers will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze market trends and translate into opportunities for product and application development.
- Validate new technologies and refine market potentials according to market intelligence & customer feedback.
- Develop marketing plans for NBD programs and implement them in conjunction with team
- Use in-depth analytical competencies and business experience to perform analyses of the competitive forces as well as strengths & weaknesses of TAC's new and existing products.
- Identify and select potential collaborators (internal as well as external) for the development of new products, applications or technologies.
- Effectively lead new business development programs and cross-functional teams using the CTC process, interfacing globally with sales, technology, manufacturing, regulatory and supply chain to ensure a rapid and timely development and implementation of NBD programs.
- Design promotional materials (product literature, application literature, datasheets, samples etc.) to support the commercialization of new technology.
- Develop sales training tools and train the sales force to successfully launch new products and translate success to other customers in line with the strategy.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants for the New Business Development Manager - Polymers/Elastomers role should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field with a background in thermoplastics; MBA preferred
- Eight plus years of experience in progressive new business development, market development, and/or marketing, managing new product/technology/application development efforts, from concept through commercialization, within the polymer industry
- Travel 25-40% globally to key collaborators including customers, suppliers, and/or other value chain members in designated target markets.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- PTO/Sick Days
- Opportunity for growth
- Great work environment