You are here
Occupational Safety Manager
A corporate based position for a Fortune 500 CPG organization.
Environmental Health & Safety
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide, brand name CPG organization.
- Analyze the work environment and develop programs designed to control, eliminate, and prevent occupational disease and/or injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors.
- Develop and manage initiatives to promote a productive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition.
- Provide technical support to leadership on matters related to occupational safety, environmental compliance, and operational risk mitigation
- Collect and interpret injury data to identify trends and/or causal factors, such as system failure, human error, incomplete or faulty decision-making, or a weakness in existing controls, policies or practices.
- Provide quality assurance oversight for the maintenance and operation of life safety systems and fire prevention; suppression; and detection systems.
- Direct the preparation and submission of all internal and external regulatory reports related to occupational safety and environmental compliance. Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to reporting and/or investigating compliance concerns.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years professional EHS experience with 5+ years within CPG/ Retail experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to professionally communicate with a wide variety of individuals, respond to inquiries, and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- People management and team leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in site and corporate level EHS programs required.
- Ability to influence, lead and work independently, and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, accurate, analytical, and act with a sense of urgency when needed.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a very competitive base salary with addtional remuneration such as bonus, full benefits, 401k, vacation, etc.