You are here
OEM Sales Engineer - Hydraulics
Major Hydraulics Distributor Representing Major Leading Brands
Excellent Company Culture
About Our Client
Our client for OEM Sales Engineer - Hydraulics opportunity is a major distributor for Industrial OEM and mobile hydraulics OEM customers. . This company specializes in all manner of hydraulic and pneumatic systems including hydraulic cartridge valve systems, hydraulic filtration and fine motion control.
The OEM Sales Engineer will be responsible for the maintaining and growing an existing customer base in an assigned territory in the greater Chicago and Illinois area. This person will be responsible for direct sales efforts to OEM customers and identifying sales opportunities within a portfolio of roughly 200 customers. This person will be working from a home office in the greater Chicago area. This company is representing all the major hydraulics manufacturers and is ranked as a top distributor for several market leaders.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with existing customers and new potential OEM customers.
- Ensure meeting company sales goals within the assigned territory and product lines
- Serve as a technical resource for customers, end users for products and product applications
- Provide regular feedback and reports regarding the account base and new opportunities.
- Prepare and conduct professional sales presentations.
- Prepare customer proposals, quotations, and correspondence
- Forecast sales.
- Ability to launch new products, as directed by SM within a given territory/customer.
- Stay informed of changes in the industry, including trends, new products and changes in regulations.
- Troubleshoots issues to a successful resolution for the customer.
- Work the territory plan with supplier support personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop data relative to market trends and competitive products and pricing and make necessary changes
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, ElectroMechanical)
- At least 5 years of a proven sales track record within the hydraulics space
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist is a plus
- Strong technical aptitude and able to present technical topics to various customer groups
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, car and car insurance allowance, computer, tablet, phone, expenses, full benefits, 401K, Profit Sharing, PTO