You are here
A recognized leader in securities litigation.
Legal Assistant & Paralegal Supervisor
About Our Client
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Florida. Considered a recognized leader in securities litigation, with a client book including some of the largest institutional investors and financial institutions around the globe. This accomplished team is dedicated to representing the interests of shareholders in M&A litigation, backed by a national reputation for expertise in antitrust and corporate governance. The Firm is ready, willing and able to take complex cases to trial, leveraging the highly skilled attorneys who have over 175 years of collective experience.
Job Description The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- assisting in the hiring and overseeing of legal assistants, paralegals, and other support staff;
- assisting in the hiring and scheduling of contract attorneys;
- working on discrete projects on an as-needed basis, such as management of responsibilities and deadlines for responses to RFPs;
- managing staff vacation and other schedules;
- preparing various computer-generated reports as required using dedicated software;
- liaising with Building Management for repairs, freight elevator scheduling, etc.;
- interfacing with outside computer consultant firm for technical support issues; and
- firm-wide communications regarding a variety of announcements, such as for new hires, office closings due to weather conditions, etc.
The Successful Applicant
Candidate Profile The successful candidate will have:
- a Bachelors Degree and at least 5 years experience as an Office/HR Manager, or relevant work experience, preferably in a law firm;
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- confidence, maturity, and discretion;
- excellent organizational skills;
- an ability to multitask;
- intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and be computer literate; and
- experience with Aderant and/or Worldox (strongly preferred).
What's on Offer
This is a full-time position; salary commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered, including health and dental insurance and 401(K). Office hours for this position are from 8:30am to 5:30pm.