You are here
Operational Risk Manager
Ability to get exposure to different business lines and Senior Management
Great Culture and Work Life Balance
About Our Client
A leading financial services institution with an Asset Management and Broker Dealer arms.
- Assists in the development and execution of risk and control consulting activities for assigned area of responsibility in accordance with internal standards, relevant government statutes and regulations.
- Oversees or leads engagements from planning through reporting and produces quality deliverables in accordance with both department and professional standards.
- Directly manages junior staff and performs human resource management activities, including identifying performance problems and developing plans for remedial action; evaluating performance; and interviewing and selecting staff.
- Attracts, develops, and retains talent within the Risk Management organization and the Firm.
- Establishes strong relationships with senior leaders and related control groups, with particular focus in the Asset Management business segment
- Analyzes complex problems, researches and organizes solutions and effectively presents recommendations to Sr. Management.
- Works with business process owners and internal/external auditors to evaluate control deficiencies, and develop risk-based solutions to address concerns.
- Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures. Maintains currency in relevant risk management processes and procedures.
- Holds entire team accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to internal criteria and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Uses judgment to provide an overall opinion on the business unit's control environment and communicates findings to management. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls and mitigation strategies.
- Executes an effective program of continuous monitoring for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Stays up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Managing employees, either directly or indirectly through risk management engagements.
- Demonstrated ability and success in interacting with and influencing senior leadership, including executive management.
- Experience in managing against deadlines associated with a risk management engagement.
- Strong analytical skills particularly with regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation.
- Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others.
- Coach and mentor others.
- Identify training needs and develop subordinates.
- Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into risk management engagements and recommendations.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Read, interpret and apply information from business periodicals and professional journals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- CPA, CFE, CRMA, CIA, CBCP, CISSP, CRISC, Series 7 preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive Base + Bonus Potential. Relocation Assistance Available.