You are here
CPG Firm - Fast Paced Growth
Excellent Career Progression
About Our Client
Operations Controller: Our client is a $500mm CPG firm based in Bolingbrook, IL. The company have recently acquired 3 smaller businesses and are now looking to develop their financial planning and forecasting offering to the senior management. The organization is very profitable and has just landed a number of long term contracts. The outlook for 2017 and 2018 and beyond looks extremely good.
- Consolidate and report weekly production, capex, and cash flow forecasts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Track and calculate the monthly manufacturing cost savings for each plant and provide some analysis to explain discrepancies versus the target
- Standard absorption costing reporting to Senior Management
- Monitor monthly accounting processes in order to accurately report actuals on all financial data forecasted.
- Provide meaningful analysis and explanations on variances to prior forecast and budget.
- Prepare reconciliations and reports for internal and external use in support of the quarterly earnings reporting.
- Understand and translate financial forecasts, actuals, budgets, and scenarios into key metrics to be used by Senior Management.
- Articulate and present business outcomes derived from analyses to various levels of colleagues and management.
- Interface with all levels of finance colleagues and management in the business segments and corporate to stay abreast of business operations potentially impacting financial results
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years financial analysis experience
- Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- CPG experience is highly preferred, food or beverage is acceptable
- Professional communication skills, with the ability to tailor information to various audiences
- Strong technical skills
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to work with a fast paced team and challenge yourself to see how good you really are... the role pays $80,000 - $92,000 + Bonus.