You are here
Operations Facilities Manager
Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Organization
Fantastic Leadership Opportunity
About Our Client
The Organization is a Fortune 500 CPG Organization dedicated to reinventing personal care. The company boasts over 13 different household brands and can provide you a tremendous opportunity for continued growth.
- Responsible for all elements of facilities management as it relates to the Manufacturing Engineering Department and Headquarters, Corporate Headquarters, and other satellite locations. This includes all activities involving site construction, building and equipment maintenance, security, safety, health and environmental.
1. Plant Electrical Engineering / Maintenance Department - Manage and oversee the plant electrical department. Ensure that there is sufficient leadership and technical support for all electrical related projects and maintenance. Oversee all new equipment and process installations to ensure that each project meets the plant electrical specifications and safety requirements. Determine optimum staffing levels and develop and drive electrician progression plan.
2. Plant Mechanical Department - Lead and direct the plant mechanical department that designs, installs and maintains facility and production support systems. Ensure that there is sufficient leadership and technical support for all mechanical related projects and scheduled maintenance. Oversee the facilities energy program.
3. Security - Provide managerial oversight for the security of the site and satellite locations. This includes peer safety, product control and protection of company property and information.
4. Manufacturing Engineering - Manages the Manufacturing Engineering team to drive continuous improvement. Responsible for pro-actively identifying opportunities, solutions, and designs. Responsible for managing new equipment and system installations and modifications.
5. Building, Yards and Grounds - Ensure that the building and overall campus are maintained and improved as necessary to meet standards of quality and production, as well as, regulatory requirements.
6. Central Stores and Central Dispatch - Manage the MRO inventory and procurement process for the facility. Ensure that the process supports the needs of value streams, complies with all internal and external requirements, and meets all stocking and transactional accuracy needs.
7. Financial Accountability:
- Prepare and manager departmental budgets
- Prepare capital and expense budgets pertaining to Plant Facilities, Utilities, and other functions.
- Provide energy projections for future planning.
- Approve all building modifications and equipment installations int he facility. This insures that all codes are followed and that there is consistency between departments
- Responsible for overall quality of the building, HVAC, and facilities pertaining to daily maintenance, housekeeping and functional and aesthetic requirements.
- Responsible for establishing the plant energy budget and managing the budget throughout the year. Negotiates with suppliers for favorable energy pricing.
- Responsible for all work related and planning of the annual maintenance shutdown.
- Responsible for procurement and review of special equipment maintenance contracts as required.
- Maintain relationships with the community and contacts with Police and Fire Departments and Zoning Boards.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil)
-Prior experience in similar Plant or Manufacturing Engineering roles in a high-volume manufacturing environment
-Demonstrated history of project management required
-Ability to successfully manage technical resources and assign clear responsibilities
-Designed background and ability to recognize robust manufacturing principles required.
What's on Offer
-Competitive Base Salary