You are here
Operations / Logistics Manager - San Francisco
- Manage Day to Day Import, Export, Transportation
- Manage a Team of Supervisors
About Our Client
Our client is a leading logistics provider that specializes in cold chain management. With more than 1000 employees in more than 140 countries and more than 100,000 shipments every month, they are growing year to year in double digits.
Due to the constant growth, we are looking to hire an Operations Manager for the San Francisco Aiport Location . This position reports into the West Coast Regional Director and oversees a staff of 5 supervisors.
- Manage the day-to-day frontline operations functions, i.e., import, exports, transportation, (both domestic and international) to ensure all shipments are efficiently processed, recovered and dispatched to meet time-critical schedules required by clients
- Focus on operational excellence and controlling QA matters and CAPAs.
- Improve staff cross-training and development
- Assist with the development and monitoring of KPIs, analysis of repetitive operational problems and development of solutions
- Liaise with customers on daily basis with the aim of developing an excellent working relationship
- The position extends to creating workable formal relationships with sub-contractors, handling facilities and overseas offices maintaining a clear communication line with other departments within the West Coast offices and departments (Operations, Administration, Business Development, Customer Service both in Los Angeles and San Francisco offices).
- Supplying customers with company's service information
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration is preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a multi-client distribution or 3PL environment
- Experience in cold chain management preferred
- Minimum five years related experience
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary + benefits