You are here
Operations Manager- Commercial Construction
New position intended to provide strategic vision for growth of a division
Senior-level role with well-respected general contractor in the Frederick area
About Our Client
Due to growth in multiple areas of the company over the past few years, this is a newly created position intended to foster that growth. This specific position has complete oversight of the smaller projects division, dealing with any type of project under $3M. This is a fast-paced group and this individual will be responsible for the direct oversight of Senior Project Managers and the Preconstruction team within this side of the business. Position will be based in Frederick, MD.
- Developing and executing group operating plans and allocating assigned resources toward the achievement of growth and profitability targets
- Implementing directives of the group General Manager regarding the strategic direction and functioning of the line of business
- Communicating and collaborating with other members of the management and staff within the group
- Management throughout the company, to integrate operations and processes for the benefit of the company as a whole
- Ensures that sustainable business processes, capable and sufficient team member capacity and technology resources are in place to support the effective and efficient fulfillment of all construction projects, specifically within the small projects line of business activities
- Supporting and insuring adherence to all company safety policies and practices
- Leading and supervising assigned Specialty Contracts Construction Operations management and staff
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports.
- Maintains active involvement in general construction industries, in order to project a positive image of the group and the company, including trade associations and other related referral and networking groups.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years' experience in commercial construction
- 5+ years management experience within construction
- Proven people management, leadership & coaching abilities
- Understanding of financial drivers behind the small projects division and experience working on projects under $3M
- Planning & forecasting abilities
- Strategic vision for a group within a well-established organization
What's on Offer
Interested in learning more? Submit your resume now.