You are here
Operations Risk and Controls Consultant
- My Client is seeking a Risk Management BA to join their OC&R team in New York.
- My Client is seeking an Operations Risk and Controls Consultant
About Our Client
My Client is a leading Financial Services firm located in New York City.
The Operations Risk and Controls Consultant is responsible for the controlled execution of new business initiatives across multiple lines of businesses affected by Group Operations functions. The candidate is to have a deep understanding of front-to-back operations and systems and processes, and will carry out the following processes:
- Analyze business proposal impact to Operational groups, across various departments.
- Be a point of contact and communication across all operational aspects of new business initiatives, and effectively explain information to push initiatives forward.
- Influence project structure for Operations strategy and ensure accuracy of controls.
- Facilitate development and execution of controlled solutions to non-standard requirements in partnership with senior management.
- Track project progress, prioritize work, and manage expectations of business sponsors.
- Manage sign off with senior management, ensuring accurate records of checklists, etc.
- Explain New Business concepts to senior management effectively and with poise.
- Investigate new business breaches and escalate to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
The Operations Risk and Controls Consultant will possess:
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Operations (Back Office), Operational Risk, and/or Project Management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to effectively articulate status of projects and interact with senior level management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
What's on Offer
My client offers a competitive base salary, commensurate with experience.