You are here
Outside Sales Representative
Company has a dynamic, transparent, competitive, and innovative culture
Uncapped bonus and commissions with long-term career growth
About Our Client
Our client is a family-owned and operated metal manufacturer, processor, and distributor with more than 20 facilities throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Works to supply products and services that meet and exceed the customers' expectations.
- Manages and maintains contacts with established customers and sources new business through prospecting customers.
- Promotes and sells products in compliance with merchandise programs, pricing policies, and procedures.
- Promotes the company to create customer awareness and to communicate company capabilities and culture.
- Answers all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals.
- Monitors market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Compiles a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
- Handles customer complaints promptly and effectively.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Participates in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings.
- Maintains customer and prospect information through customer relationship management software.
- May coordinate company technical support and services to ascertain customers' needs.
- Assist Sales Manager or other sales representatives in other duties or special projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of flat-rolled steel
- Strong customer service skills
- Must communicate effectively both oral and written while maintaining an easy and professional rapport with the customer
- Must be thorough, reliable, self-motivated, and self-directed as well as a problem solver, creative thinker, dependable, reliable, and punctual team player with common sense
- Experience in Manufacturing and Fabrication (preferred but not required)
- Previous metals experience
What's on Offer
- Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- PTO package
- Paid Holidays
- Company Laptop
- Mileage and mobile phone reimbursement
- Paid Training