You are here
Packaging Development Manager
Manager of Packaging Development at NYC Beauty company
BA in Packaging Sience or similar required
About Our Client
Highly-established beauty company based in NYC for over a century. They pride themselves on their top skincare products that are specifically formulated to benefit the skin, not mask it. To compliment their products, they put a lot of effort in packaging as well. Innovation, quality, and excellence remain to be the company's main focus today. This company has a unique mix of long-term employees and new, innovative talent.
The Packaging Development Manager will:
- Execute all elements of package development from start to finish.
- Work closely with Design, Marketing, and Supply Chain teams to ensure packaging aligns with product needs prior to Senior Management approval.
- Manage development cost sheets to meet corporate margin thresholds and present supplier quotations.
- Approve technical drawings and package material use for new launches.
- Develop testing procedures to ensure packaging fits the design and marketing expectations.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to formulate timelines and project execution with external suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role of Packaging Development Manager should have:
- BA in Packaging Science or similar
- Experience in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- Strong understanding and expertise of skincare/beauty packaging
- Creative ability and experience necessary to lead development projects
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Leadership skills (able to motivate, teach, and work in fast-paced environment)
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What's on Offer
Full time, permanent role as Packaging Development Manager at a top Manhattan based beauty company.
Competitive salary and benefits package.