You are here
Major CPG Organization
Opportunity for Growth
About Our Client
This organization's mission is to bring you closer to the world and your passion for life. They're an international fortune 500 CPG Brand that originated in Northern Europe. Promoting a healthy balanced lifestyle, this organization wants you to get out and live your life! They pride themselves on excellence, quality, and utility.
- Designs structural packaging through the use of appropriate structure analyses, test methods, design methodologies, feasibility justification, and business case processes.
- Manages strucutural packaging developnt and improvement projects to meet company goals, and coordinates with Project Managers and Organization Leads to ensure project milestones are met within expectations of timeline, quality/performance requirements, and budget.
- Take active part in all running product development projects and mid-term product planning.
- Develops and executes test methods, validations, and protocols for packaging related developments and projects - defining the packaging development process flow and setting up the structure.
- Establishes supplier quality standards and supports supplier Quality Department audits as needed.
- Creates and maintains accurate documetation to meet company, testing, and regulatory expectations.
- Creates packaging related SOP's and Work Instructions. Provides training for appropriate Production/Manufacturing Personnel performing packaging related activities.
- Supports the development of structural packaging solutions for The Company's automotive OE customers (translating requirments into actionable solutions)
- Reviews and approves product engineering change orders (ECO) and packaging process changes, including technical labels specifications and packaging related content.
- Supports packaging related VAVE and Sustaining projects.
- Provides Marketing / Art Departments with die-lines for artwork development, and manages coordination of color-match proof-prints.
- Establishes quality control printing and color-match parameters
- Supports the company Data Entry Teams with container and pallet pack-out data.
- Remains current on packaging innovations throughout the industry and proliferates leading technologies within the company
The Successful Applicant
-Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required
-Prior experience with consumer packaging
-Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISTA, ISO, ASTM, Etc. ), drafting and specification standards is essential
-Understanding of process improvement, quality improvment concempts is needed.
-Proficiency in CAD packaging software required (TOPS, CAPE, ArtiosCAD, Solidworks)
-Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
-A structured person with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary.
-Must be able to demonstrate project management skills/experience
-Ability to communicate orally with suppliers, managment, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of telephone and email for communication is essential
-Domestic Travel (10-15%) is required; via airline and automobile
-International communications (Europe and Asia) with suppliers as well as company is required for early-morning / late-evening telephone and/or video conference (20%)
-Fluent in English; Proficiency in Swedish and/or Chinese is a plus.
What's on Offer
-401K Retirement Plan
-Full Medical Benefit Plan
-4 Weeks Paid Vacation