You are here
About Our Client
Our client is a large non-profit organization located in Brooklyn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and update all new hires, terminations and department changes in payroll system
- Input employee staff in Time and Attendance module
- Work with Human Resources to provide income verification, sick time and vacation accruals for claims and income verification, vacation and sick time accruals.
- Conduct a biweekly review of payroll reports and create the payroll certifications for Program Director's review and approval.
- Work with Program Directors to resolve time card adjustments for entry into ADP and for the finalized Payroll Certifications
- Assist when needed in providing Staff Accountants payroll data for monthly vouchers
- Record payroll expenses General Ledger
- Liaison with payroll vendors regarding payroll issues
- Prepare invoices and enter into Accounts Payable module the allocations to the cost centers for health insurance, liability insurance, pension, worker's comp, disability and other related fringe benefits
- Prepare bi-weekly disbursement report for Cash Management to enable them to know the amount of funds to transfer into the Payroll operating account
- Maintain vacation and sick accrual balances for all staff
- Keep Controller informed of cash needed for payroll
- Work with accounts payable for 1099 payments
- Support auditors by furnishing time sheets and other requested payroll documentation
- Special Projects as Assigned
- Duties subject to meet department needs
The Successful Applicant
- Associate's Degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum five years payroll experience.
- Proficient with Excel and other software programs.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to pressure, work independently, proficiently, efficiently and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, Sandata, Paypro, or PayCom payroll systems
- Excel skill required, with experience in using pivot tables and vlookups
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred
What's on Offer
This is located in Brooklyn and is a temp-perm opportunity.