You are here
Leading Investment Bank Seeks Payroll Coordinator in New York
About Our Client
Our client, a large global investment bank founded during the 19th century, is a leader in the import and exporting industry. They are looking for a payroll coordinator to assist in the successful payroll processing for North American employees, as well as assist in ad hoc human relations projects and special events. This role is perfect for a candidate who thrives in a corporate environment and is looking to expand upon their preexisting knowledge of payroll while also gaining exposure to human resources ad hoc projects.
PAYROLL COORDINATOR DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for the processing of multiple payrolls in a multi-corporate, multi-state shared services environment with weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll frequencies.
- Responsible for the day-to-day processing of payroll for employees and subsidiaries
- Supports and reviews payrolls for National Staff.
- Works with management and employees in resolving payroll related issues in a constructive manner.
- Provides support to HR sponsored events and programs: Holiday Dinner Dance, summer event, Lunch & Learn, Language Programs, Community Relations, Take Your Daughter & Son's to Work Day, Retirement Parties, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed and assigned including Special Projects (i.e. HR Data Project, Training data, Emergency Contact, etc.)
- Maintains and updates user manual for position with the purpose to be used by other team members to support position during peak periods or absences.
- Develops and fosters positive relations with all employees and delivers agreed upon services and support: on time, on budget and with zero defects. Manages daily interactions with employees and others based upon the overriding principle that "HR is Here to Help".
The Successful Applicant
SUCCESSFUL PAYROLL COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- 4 year degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience/internships in payroll processing, working with HRIS applications, and processing and administering employee data strongly preferred
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and organizational and communication skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Patience, excellent listening skills, and problem resolution abilities
- HRIS experience with Ceridian Workforce Now a plus
- American Payroll Association certification a major plus!
What's on Offer
Competitive salary & benefits, global investment bank