You are here
Payroll Manager- Growing Organization
About Our Client
Exciting and growing non-profit
- Assure that all bi-weekly time reports from all employees are properly approved and received in ADP in sufficient time to process the payroll. This position is also responsible for the review and assurance that time records for absences (vacation, sick, personal, etc.) are updated promptly in accordance with employee/statutory/benefit provider changes.
- Assure that updates to employee records for pay rates, withholding amounts, benefit elections, bank account information, benefit elections, etc. are accurate and consistent with employee elections and Personnel Policies.
- Develop each pay period's grid of hours for each employee from the EZ labor Time Management System and prepare the ultimate release of pay period information into the ADP system.
- Coordinate closely with P&OD on payroll/personnel issues to assure continuity and consistency of information throughout the ADP system and between Payroll and P&OD.
- Review and verify bi-weekly payroll for abnormalities once preview is received from ADP and make corrections/adjustments as needed. Once payroll is finalized and payment is processed on the pay date, respond to employee questions, problems and ensure that employees are fairly and timely compensated.
- Reconcile monthly payroll related General Ledger accounts, both in total and by employee (FIT, FICA, FICA-Med, SIT's, Insurance payments vs withholdings, Transit checks, Savings Plan, etc.).
- Exhibit expertise with clergy status and housing allowance as well as apportionment of income to multistate and local jurisdictions.
- Support the Director of Accounting in the preparation of the annual GAAP statement/audit information and for the preparation of the Form 990, including the determination of the W-2 based disclosures.
- Prepare the fiscal year-end salary, vacation and benefits accrual.
- Prepare the calendar W-2s for all employees assuring that all appropriate disclosures are accurate and withholdings adjusted to statutory or policy limits, life insurance premium imputed, clergy allowances and FICA reimbursements made, etc.
- Attend all necessary ADP and tax seminars to remain current in any Payroll system or tax related changes.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree and over 4 years of experience in Payroll Management
- Payroll Certification, a plus
- Recent expert level knowledge and use of ADP Workforce Now Version 12, Essential Time and Attendance and Time off feature System.
- Demonstrated experience in handling multi-state payroll
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus outstanding benefits