You are here
USD30 - USD40 per hour (USD62,395 - USD83,194)
Great opportunity for the right candidate
About Our Client
One of the largest international Law Firms in Midtown Manhattan
- Develop an effective relationship with the Payroll Manager, Assistant Controller, Director of Financial Operations, and other Firm leaders.
- Develop an effective "business partner" relationship with the human resources and benefits teams at all Firm locations.
- Train, develop, and mentor a highly capable payroll team. Provide informal and formal verbal and written feedback. Review department staff capabilities and recommend improvements and development plans.
- Ensure all business activities are executed with a strong discipline surrounding internal controls.
- Manage operational activities with a specific focus on efficiency and internal client service.
- Ensure timely pay for all U.S. employees verifying proper deductions and calculations.
- Process in-house semi-monthly U.S. payroll and monthly expatriate payroll utilizing the Firm's global human resource system Workday.
- Prepare the payroll general ledger posting ensuring proper coding of all transactions in compliance with the Firm's business rules.
- Provide payroll orientation to Firm new hires and complete relevant on-boarding procedures in Workday.
- Work with international offices on pay related to expatriates to ensure proper treatment for U.S. taxes and benefits.
- Responsible for managing all year-end tax reporting, including W2s and W2-Cs. Work with key relationships to ensure all imputed income is captured and appropriately reported.
- Perform research for changes to wage tax and other related legislation impacting the payroll.
- Manage twice annual Workday upgrades.
- Assist with special projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Six to ten years of payroll experience, including a minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory role at a professional services firm.
- Broad technical skills, including experience with system implementations and upgrades.
- Experience managing, training and mentoring a staff, setting priorities, and working to deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including advanced level of competency with Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience with Workday Payroll.
- Strong academic credentials with a Bachelor's degree. GPA of 3.0 or higher.
What's on Offer
- Unlimited growth opportunity for the right candidate
- Competitive salary
- Convenient location