You are here
Perm - HR Generalist - Elmsford, NY
Seeking mid-level HR professionals who are comfortable in a stand-alone role
Bonus eligible - Permanent vacancy -
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing, profitable firm that manufactures branded coffee machine cleaning products globally. Since their inception over 50 years ago, my client strives to achieve a positive corporate environment with strong leadership opportunities.
Coordinate general HR functions of small office and manufacturing plant.
Performance Management - Lead the bi-annual company wide performance review process including planning, stewarding the process to ensure completion, coaching employees on feedback and evaluation best practices.
- Benefits - Administer benefits programs.
- Review monthly benefits invoices for accuracy and work with carriers to make corrections.
- Compile data for self-report benefits invoices.
- Assist employees with benefits problems/queries.
- Manage COBRA administration through 3rd party administrator.
- Lead annual benefits review analysis and recommend plans
- Ensure compliance and reporting for all benefits plans including ERISA, 5500 filing, etc.
- Recruitment - Coordinate recruitment for temporary, non-exempt, and exempt positions from initial needs assessment to posting job ads, screening candidates, interview coordination, offer negotiation and new hire orientation/onboarding
- Employee Relations - Advise and counsel employees and managers on various issues. Enforce policies. Facilitate resolution of employee conflicts and interpersonal issues.
- Manage relationship with Union, including Union enrollment, dues and annuity remittances, communication of policy changes, etc.
- Compliance & Reporting - Assist in compilation of legally required reports and documents, e.g. EEO, OSHA.
- HRIS - Process salary changes, new hires, and promotions/transfers in HR database system (ADP HR/Perspective).
- Payroll - assist payroll department in weekly calculation of hours worked and submit payroll to 3rd party payroll provider
- Verification of Employment - Answer external requests for verification of employment.
- Unemployment - complete and return UI information requests to 3rd party administrator.
- General HR Administration - Maintenance of personnel and benefits files (NY, CT, NJ) and electronic data. Service award program. Assist the CEO and Executive Team on change management and transformation.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding and proven track record of general HR and benefits best practices.
- Strong computer skills essential - thorough working knowledge of Word, Excel and web-based applications. Experience with ADP HR/Perspective or other HRIS system a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently with multiple functional areas.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated skills in interacting with all levels of employees, problem identification and resolution.
- Proven ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects and effectively determine priorities.
- Ability to confidentially handle personal and private information.
- Experience working with a unionized manufacturing workforce beneficial.
- College degree
- SPHR/PHR Certification a plus but not required.
What's on Offer
The role will provide an attractive compensation offering that will match the success and the skills of the candidate. The basic framework will include a competitive base salary plus performance based annual bonus, and benefits. The Company pays for top performance and the right leader can truly achieve impressive financial results from this job. Salary and structure will be based on the verified earnings history of the candidate selected.