You are here
Pharmaceutical Conference Producer
Help grow pharma events across North and South America
Opportunity to travel and plan large scale events
About Our Client
My client curates events that bring inspiration, creativity and collaboration to the global business community. When it comes to making valuable connections, nothing beats the experience of meeting people face-to-face in an interactive environment. Over 25 years, my client has built a reputation as a world leader in B2B events with a large portfolio of successful conferences and exhibitions that run year after year, all over the world.
Undertake national/global market research to ensure the best quality content, speaker, delegate and target market profile
- Assess the business case for a new event and make a go/no-go decision
- In-depth telephone and face-to-face research on the key issues to cover in the conference agenda - minimum 20 research phone calls in first week and 5 (level 1 event) to 15 meetings in production cycle.
- Bring info on competitor events, potential topics, speakers, marketing ideas to topic brainstorm on day 1
- Identify further potential speakers and sponsors, target markets, marketing channels, competitors
- Generate 5 new viable conference topics per year
Compile a topical conference agenda that exactly meets the needs of the identified target audience with well respected, director level speakers
- Brainstorm and structure the conference agenda.
- Write benefit-driven topic outlines and assign potential speakers to topics
- Invite and confirm speakers - minimum 50% new speakers per event; 80% corporate/users; no consultants/ vendors unless sponsors
- Get agenda feedback from key contacts and amend accordingly
- Submit updated conference agenda and copy once a week to your GM
- A minimum of 100 placed telephone calls per event.
Gain data and understanding of identified primary and secondary markets, be a valuable resource and partner to your marketing manager and write benefit-driven marketing copy for your event.
- Write the marketing brief and brainstorm with MM & team to create an optimum marketing campaign
- Obtain mailing lists and source marketing channels - add 100 event-related names to our database per production cycle; plus 1 other 100+ list per month
- Write: brochure sales copy; sales letter/s; 5-7 promotional emails and faxes; press releases
- Hand in complete A-list to MM at FC
Do all you can to maximize sponsorship and exhibition revenue on your events and to build a network and ideas for future events.
- Brief and support sales managers - co-attend meetings if required
- Be a passionate advocate for the event and brand - sell your event and yourself!
- Attend events to network and generate new business opportunities
- Network at associations; go to meetings
Financial and productivity management
Produce cost-effective events of the highest quality to attract sponsorship and delegates thereby maximizing revenue - by deadline and within budget.
- Produce a minimum of 12 conference days per year
- Meet all task deadlines as per standard conference production process
- Set up, update and stick to the conference budget and finalize within a week of the event
- Minimize speaker and other costs and maximize revenues
- Achieve - average 65% gross profit margin; average paid delegate number: 60 - across all events in review period
Ensure delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors enjoy a memorable, highly positive experience and exceptional service.
- Brainstorm experience aspect with team
- Formally meet experience manager after agenda completion and every 3 weeks until event to ensure experience plan is carried out
- Professionally represent the company to all customers at events and in the office
Speaker relationship management
Foster great working relationships with speakers and ensure their experience of working with us is highly positive
- Provide speaker details to and work closely and daily with, experience managers for a smooth running event
- Send speaker pack within 24 hours of brochure delivery to office and phone all speakers the week before an event
- Meet and brief all speakers at the event prior to their presentations
- Thank all speakers and delegates in writing within a week after the event
The Successful Applicant
- Proactive, ambitious and disciplined professional that wants to take ownership over a project
- Persuasive individual who can convince high level executives to speak at our events
- Results driven individual who can demonstrate they have surpassed targets set
- Someone who likes to make a vision a reality
- Experience producing conferences in the past or journalist skills would be beneficial
What's on Offer
Finally, at we like to work hard and play hard. If you are excited by international travel, learning about new innovations and building commercial relationships this could very well be the place for you. From our ping pong table in the office to our parties to our focus on skill development we like to reward hard work and bring positive energy into the workplace.