You are here
Greenfield facility in the Atlanta area, part of a large multinational group
This professional will be the financial business partner of this packing plant
About Our Client
Located just south of Atlanta, GA, this position is a crucial financial business partner for a new greenfield plant of a large multinational group.
Reporting to the Site General Manager, this professional:
- Supports the preparation of financial statements and budget and forecast processes. Prepares analyses (both defined and ad hoc) along with meaningful commentary to explain results to various levels within the organization. Ensures that financial reporting requirements to HQ and internal deadlines and criteria are met.
- Ensures compliance with The group's Standard Practice Instructions, Sarbanes Oxley internal controls, and FCPA. Ensures that financial and IT SOX documentation in maintained in a current manner. Coordinates and supports internal/external audit requests for the site.
- Ensures financial records & systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures compliance with Client, HQ, local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Oversees the site financial processes and supporting information systems of the business including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and inventory management and safeguarding of assets.
- Ensures that company general ledger, fixed asset, inventory systems and routines operate effectively and efficiently. Assist with other complimentary functional systems: payroll, customer billing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable as needed.
- Provides general supervision and management of the day-to-day financial needs of the site.
- Coordinates and prepares annual budget and monthly & quarterly forecast updates.
- Facilitates financial targets and appropriate KPIs for the site and deploy (ensuring full understanding of targets by site management team). Provides monthly progress updates via presentations to management team (performance versus budget, forecast and prior year). Develops gap closing plans with management as needed.
- Develops growth and savings initiatives and track performance monthly to ensure targets are achieved. Analyzes cash flow, cost controls and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyzes financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas and develop solutions.
- Interacts with the management team to provide consultative support for the site. Lead site business improvement initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations. Educates the management team and staff on financial concepts and strategies.
- Executes the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems.
- Provides financial and trend analysis, including quad analysis, productivity, etc.These are the typical duties required to fulfill the position, not a detailed description of all work required. New duties and responsibilities may be required to meet the changing demands of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting / MBA preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred. Audit experience preferred.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum five years of experience in progressive accounting/financial positions.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems and experience streamlining reporting for more efficient and effective results.
- SAP experience highly preferred. MS Excel proficiency is required.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and facilitate group meetings. Strong presentation skills.
- Supervisory experience and strong influential management skills and interpersonal skills with a customer-service mindset a must.
- Requires willingness to work extended hours during times of heavy workload (e.g. quarter close & budget).
What's on Offer
This is a very interesting position as it is a greenfield facility, which is a crucial new piece in this multinational's growth strategy. The facility will be +1MM square feet and hold major manufacturing (packing), distribution, and warehousing operations for the NA business. The facility will house employees and equipment owned by the group and two major vendors.
We are looking for a professional who can balance of talent between accounting and finance, with a slight more focus towards accounting and reporting. The role will have peers for other locations in the region, but no direct reports in the site. Role would have access to resources in the shared services organization.
The main challenge of this position will be to manage external partners, as well as developing improvement plans for Accounting, reporting and savings programs.
Our client is equal opportunity employer