You are here
Leading electronics manufacturer (Global 2000!) located outside of Charlotte, NC
Looking for an ambitious, driven leader to join their team as a Plant Manager
About Our Client
Located right outside of the beautiful city of Charlotte, NC - our client is a Global 2000 organization and leading electronics manufacturing company!
The Plant Manager will have the following responsibilities -
- Main Activities - Develop and communicate the overall vision for the factory and provide strategic leadership to ensure all goals are met. Lead business improvement efforts through the vigorous application of lean principles & tools and promotion of a strong continuous culture. Develop an organization capable of achieving short term and long term goals. Primary contact for providing information related to the plant to external stakeholders.
Budget - Responsible for developing and managing to the overall Plant budget.
- Primary Duties -
- Develop the vision and strategy for the facility and drive initiatives & actions to achieve.
- Provide overall leadership to ensure that the financial and operational goals (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost Productivity, Working Capital) of the plant are met.
- Proactively identify barriers and challenges that could negatively impact the operations and implement effective solutions to minimize impact.
- Support all growth and strategic initiatives for the business including new product launches, product transfers, and other projects.
- Communications of plant priorities, initiatives, and performance to all plant employees including daily, weekly, and quarterly scheduled meetings.
- Eliminate waste throughout the manufacturing operations through implementation of Lean tools and processes, driving a continuous improvement culture, and promoting employee engagement at all levels of the plant.
- Primary point of contact for significant concerns or communications related to the facility. Interface with various executives to include: VP Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Human Resource, Engineering, customers, union officials, suppliers, to promote a high level of communication and collaboration.
- Develop an organization, and the people, capable of achieving the plants short term and long term goals.
- Identify, propose, and obtain approval for large, impactful projects (capital & other) to drive step change improvements in the facilities performance (productivity, service, quality, etc).
- Ensure the facility is capable of supporting the short and long term goals of the company through proper capital projects, preventative maintenance, footprint optimization, and other projects.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees through implementation and maintenance of company directed safety programs, compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements, and promotion of a strong preventative safety culture.
- Ensure proper collection and reporting of data necessary to track performance of the manufactuing operation against plan, identify root causes of issues, and support problem solving efforts.
- Develop annual budget and ensure proper reporting of data necessary to track the performance of the manufacturing operation against budget.
- Promotes harmonious working relationship with all employees through training of first line supervision in effective supervisory techniques, expedient and equitable resolution of issues, and continual communication with the work force.
- Provide leadership to the organization to achieve highest levels of customer service in support of company goals and objectives. Promote the development of a customer focused culture that engages all associates through communication, priority setting and example. Play a leading role in communicating customer needs to the organization.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Plant Manager position will have the following background and experiences -
- Education - BS degree required in a Business, Engineering, Science, or other Technical discipline (Advanced degree highly desirable)
- Experience - Minimum of 15 years in progressive roles in an industrial manufacturing and assembly environment. Minimum 7 years of direct supervision (hourly and salaried employees) in a Plant Manager or Value Stream Manager or equivalent role. Experience with plastic injection molding is preferred. Experience in a strong lean environment required.
- Certifications - Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is required
- Skills/Knowledge/Abilities -
- Must have a thorough knowledge of appropriate manufacturing methods, processes and equipment. Background with process improvement programs and quality initiatives required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture.
- Proven track record of delivering results against stretch objectives is required.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- A basic understanding of financial concepts is required. This includes: P&L Statements, Working Capital, Cash Flow, and manufacturing variances.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others. Able to foster open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing methods, processes and equipment / must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business
ABILITY TO DRIVE CHANGE
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package, great benefits, and unlimited opportunities to progress your career... AND quickly!