You are here
- Plant Manager
- Operations Manager
About Our Client
- Responsible for achieving targeted production volumes by managing line operations consistent with the Company's safety, quality, cost, high performance, training and development standards.
- Responsible for providing appropriate leadership and support to the operation teams.
- Responsible for promoting teamwork and development, so that the location, team and individual goals are fulfilled.
- Responsible for using a constructive and fair coaching style to promote teamwork and fairness throughout the site operations.
- Responsible for cost management, product quality, maintenance of the assets and continuous improvement.
Responsible for development and improvement of processes for new products and for improvement of manufacturing performance and maintenance of systems to ensure process control.
- Reports to the Operators Director - US
- Process Engineer, Maintenance Manager and Operations Team Leaders and Associates are the direct reports.
- Member of Plant Leadership Team.
- Financial department interface.
- Provides customer support, working closely with R&D, Technical Services and Sales & Marketing.
- Customer interface.
- Critical Material Supplier interface.
- Maintain compliance for all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures within the Company.
- Ensure a safe and positive work environment free of harassment and hostilities.
- Enhance best practices or work methods for continuous improvement.
- Support Company Strategy and goals both long term and short term.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all operation personnel working with the Operation Team Leaders.
- Ensure the line operates as per production plan.
- Communicate problems and issues to appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- Initiate appropriate action for non-compliance to rules, policies and expected performance.
- Responsible for all team metrics and reporting.
- Identify employee development needs.
- Assist in the training of operational and maintenance personnel as required.
- Promote and support the "high performance" culture within the site.
- Provide input to New Product Requests, work with Technical Services to develop and commercialize new products as required.
- Lead process improvements affecting safety, yield, productivity, quality and recycling including planning and execution.
- Establish and verify process capability.
- Establish equipment calibration requirements.
Provide Customer Technical Support.
The Successful Applicant
- BS Engineering Degree with a minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
- Understanding of nonwovens products and process desired.
- Understanding and working knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with most common software packages.
- Able to build and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated - requires little daily direction or supervision.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance/Improvement tools and techniques and Quality Management Systems.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Understanding of financial metrics (budget, cost, Capex).
- Project Management skills desired.
Start-up Projects experience highly desired.
What's on Offer
· Bonus potential is up to 30%
· 401k is 4% employer contribution (without employee deposits) and an additional $ to $ match for 3% = total 7%, Benefits, etc.