You are here
Plastics Account Manager - Compounds and Masterbatch
Join a growing company which has made four acquisitions in last two years
Work in a fast-paced saels environment with strong salary and bonus
About Our Client
Our client is a supplier of specialty additives, resins, pigments, and packaging, primarily to the plastics, paint & coatings, sealant & adhesives, composites, graphic arts, and rubber industries. After recent acquisitions and growth, this role is a vital hire for continued growth and development of the company and its products.
Responsibilities and summary of the role are as follows:
- Territory Gross Profit growth:
- Manage all assigned accounts within the region.
- Develop new business opportunities at acceptable gross profit margins
- Participate in Product and Sales training.
- Prompt follow-up on company and supplier supplied leads.
- Liaison with Principal Supplier(s) on specific accounts within territory
- Participation in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls and testing.
- Proactive communications to work synergistically with the organization.
- Active participation in sales meetings, customer visits and all technical programs.
- Direct reporting to the Regional Sales Manager. Indirect reporting to Executives.
The Successful Applicant
- Technical degree preferred.
- Experience selling specialty chemicals and additive to the Coatings, Adhesives, sealants and Elastomers (CASE) and Plastics Industries.
- Existing customer relationships in CASE, Masterbatch and/or Plastic Compounds.
- Strong understanding of market pricing, competitive landscape and has demonstrated the ability to close business.
- Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Systems training preferred
- 5-10 years technical sales, product management and/or lab experience.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary and aggressive bonus structure.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Travel reimbursement and expense account.