You are here
Plastics Design Engineer
This is an opportunity to join a thriving international company
This is an expand your experience with an industry leader
About Our Client
For over 100 years our client has the been the leader for Chemical Engineering in a variety of markets. Due to their tremendous growth they are looking for a Plastic Design Engineer to help lead the department.
- Designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of injection molding tools and processes
- Confirms system's and components capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops Thermoplastic products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling molding tools; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing thermoplastic testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years of experience in technical Engineering field, B.S. required
- Advanced MS Office skills, MS Project Software
- Ability to multi-task between projects
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with management guidance
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive health benefits, 401(k), salary, and stock options
- Competitive base salary
- 980 Schedule
- Company expense card