You are here
Plastics Process Engineer
Fortune 500 Packaging Company
About Our Client
A global packaging company, specializing in cosmetics and focused on customer satisfaction.
1. Participate in product and mold design reviews
2. Establish production routings and bills of materials for new products
3. Document mold process sheets and maintain accuracy as needed for production in a timely manner.
4. Assist molding in troubleshooting production problems with injection mold machines, auxillary equipment and molds.
5. Provide all the necessary technical training for the molding technicians on new, current equipment and procedures.
6. Evaluate and qualify new materials from inception to completion
7. Utilize scientific molding techniques for process and machine optimization
8. Provide technical support and leadership for LEan enterprise functions (SMED, 5S, 6 Sigma, CIP)
9. Work with outside suppliers and vendors to help make corrections to molds and machinery
10. Work with all internal departments related to the molding operation
11. Work with QA to establish consistent part quality and systems through SPC and DOE studies
12. Provide the technical support to QA and production for CAR projects.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate is going to be focused on customer value and building valuable customer relationships. They will take action with a pragmatic focus and dedication to completing the task at hand with quickly, efficiently, and with pride. This employee will have to have strong problem solving skills and execute consistently.
Degree in Plastics Enginnering or related field is preferred
Prior experience with injection molding is preferable
Competency on Microsoft office applications, databases, and statistical analysis software, Moldflow, Cad experience.
What's on Offer
-Competitive Base Salary
- 8-10% Bonus based on company / personal performance
-Full Medical / Dental / Vision Coverage
-3 weeks starting vacation