You are here
Preconstruction Manager- Richmond-Based GC
Opportunity to join rapidly growing Richmond-based GC and oversee a department
Seeking high potential individual to be a part pf the leadership team
About Our Client
This mid-sized design-build general contractor specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, and office interiors. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. They are in a huge period of growth at the moment and looking for an individual to run the Estimating department. Position based in Richmond, VA.
- Defines project needs for estimating services in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives and procedures.
- Independently prepares proposals which meet quality standards, sets timelines and fee projections. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects and related tasks.
- Interfaces with subcontractors and suppliers to evaluate proposals relative to the scope of work.
- Supervises the timely and competent performance of cost estimating activities.
- Reviews and critiques designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Reviews estimating related provisions of proposals and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
- Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates.
- Manages team of 2-4 people
- Sits on leadership team and has a say in higher level company initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or related field
- 8+ years construction estimating experience required
- Knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel packages.
- Familiarity with estimating software.
- Good analytical, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead a small team
What's on Offer
Position offers the chance to work for a fast growing Richmond-based general contractor and the ability to be a part of the leadership team of the company. Highly competitive base salary, bonuses, and benefits. Interested in hearing more? Submit your resume now.