You are here
Pricing Analyst - Commodities
Excellent Career Growth and Exposure to Company Executives
Work-Life Balance at Thriving Company
About Our Client
Privately-held oil and gas distributing company located in the Metrowest, MA area.
The Pricing Analyst - Commodities will be responsible for the following, but not limited to.
- Reviews and analyzes published reports from DTN and OPIS; understands position of competitors as related to pricing.
- Participates in daily supply call to understand any supply constraints or overages and works with marketing to help alleviate through rack pricing positioning.
- Monitors and analyzes competitor pricing throughout the day; keeps abreast of all relevant developments within the industry.
- Maintains pricing systems (RIMS, Fuel Seller, RightAngle) and is responsible for functional updates and ensuring punctual delivery of unbranded and branded pricing.
- Analyzes all factors related to pricing and follows established pricing strategies for unbranded and branded pricing. Works with marketers to adjust strategy as needed.
- Reviews the position of the market after closing on a daily basis; compiles and internally distributes market closing and basis information for the Marketing department.
- Executes hedges with brokers for fixed price deals.
- Partners continuously with various departments to ensure effective communication.
- Performs other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Systems Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years' financial analysis experience in a corporate environment
- Experience with calculating / establishing industry pricing as well as building-up of price models preferred
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Access
Professional and Background Qualifications
- Two years industry experience and market knowledge preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals in positions of influence
- Ability to influence and negotiate on behalf of the company
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple priorities at once
- Ability to meet the travel requirements defined for this position (minimum 10%, possible overnight travel required)
What's on Offer
The Pricing Analyst - Commodities will receive an offer that will include the following, but won't be limited to:
- Exposure to Senior Management and Company Leadership
- Career Progression
- Sponsored Travel
- Flexible Spending
- 3 Weeks PTO, plus holidays, plus sick days
- Potential Bonus
- Work-Life Balance
If interested, please apply below for consideration within 72 hours.