You are here
Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment
- $19 billion Food & Packaging World Leader
- Seeking Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment (Frozen Food Category)
About Our Client
One of North America's leading packaged food companies with recognized brands found in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise and club stores. My client has a strong business-to-business presence, supplying products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers.
- Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment will identify, develop, rollout, and provide governance for key strategies / programs across the enterprise
- Leverage subject matter expertise in assigned areas to drive continuous improvement, standardization, and technology.
- Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment system design and operation and make recommendations as needed to programs, policies, or objectives.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility analysis to other groups within CAG that are focused on improvements to the current state that deliver competitive advantages against CAG's peer set
- Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment develops Front-End-Loading packages (FEL's) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success.FEL packages include, but are not limited to :
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements (drawing level)
- Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Support equipment acceptance criteria documentation and the actual testing/acceptance trials
- Work with the engineering team to establish the cost, schedule, risks, and startup requirements for projects
- Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- Write detailed functional control descriptions for the unit operations and processing systems
- Performs reviews of FEL packages or equivalent for accuracy, completeness and operational effectiveness
- Develops rough order of magnitude estimates to give the business a directional early view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Keeps current with latest technology and commercial applications
The Successful Applicant
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or Packaging Engineering (with emphasis on equipment).
- Packaging Equipment Engineering emphasis is required in addition to practical experience of 10+ years in food manufacturing and food packaging system design.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- This position is located in Omaha NE.
What's on Offer
Build your career as a Principal Engineer at one of the world-wide leading brands. This truly is an extraordinary job opportunity offering growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.