You are here
Principal Quality Engineer - Medical Device
Leads Quality Systems and New Product Development within the entire organization
Seeking candidates with a BS in Engineering + 8 years of medical device Quality
About Our Client
Our latest client is a privately held medical device company with multiple major product lines. The devices are class III medical devices and the company anticipates an FDA approval after a recently positive FDA panel review in Washington D.C.
- Supports the Quality Audit system by participating and leading internal audits
- Supports New Product Development projects
- Manages the Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) system
- Develops Quality Metrics, and coordinates quality data collection and analyses for Management Reviews
- Manages the Quality Inspection team; provides daily guidance, on-going-feedback and manages performance
- Recommends and implements potential improvements or enhancements to quality systems and processes
- Leads Quality aspects of the Supplier Management process, e.g., participate/lead supplier audits
The Successful Applicant
- Candidates must have a minimum Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (I.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Plastics, or Chemical)
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of full-time Quality Engineering experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience in medical device design and manufacturing of capital equipment and sterile disposable medical devices is strongly preferred
- Must have experience with incoming inspection
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FDA QSR, ISO 13485 regulations
- Local candidates only; no relocation is offered
- Strong experience Quality Auditing to 21 CFR Part 820 and ISO 3485
- Our client is an equal opportunity employer
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary
- Growth role, this position has opportunity to become a manager. No previous management experience is required.
- Life-saving device- these products can be found in hospitals which play a fundamental role in preserving life
- Growth company- this organization is expecting to double its size over the next few years
- Great benefits package - annual bonus, matching 401k, medical, dental, life.