You are here
Private Equity Associate (Restructuring/Distressed)
About Our Client
Our client is a middle-market private equity firm founded in 2010 based in Dallas, Texas. They are deep value investors focused on control-oriented turnaround, special situations and investments in capital-constrained companies.
Their ability to deal with complex capital structures and operational issues is a competitive advantage for their portfolio companies.
The 10 person Investment team has an extensive private equity track record and their industry-diverse executives and senior advisors provide situation specific expertise and knowledge. Their backgrounds show deep knowledge in corporate restructurings, operational turnarounds, acquisition and management of complex operating assets, business and financing.
The Associates will be evaluating new acquisition opportunities and duties include 'ground up' cash flow and restructuring modeling, creating / reviewing asset level budgeting & cash management, creating presentations, writing investment committee memos, market research and other related tasks.
- Evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities by performing thorough and in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses, due diligence and underwriting. This includes:
- Development of detailed three statement financial modeling including debt capacity, sensitivity analysis, management incentive plan / promote structures, joint-venture structures, etc.
- Drafting investment committee memorandums
- Performing industry, customer and supplier due diligence
- Presenting investment ideas during weekly meetings and other internal meetings
- Oversee investments through disposition. This includes:
- Continuous interaction with management
- Development and execution of business plan / 180-day turnaround plans
- Monitoring performance and internal reporting
- Participation in weekly internal risk committee meetings
- Originate new investment ideas and themes
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate has 1 - 3 years of Investment Banking experience and/or investing experience from a credit or private equity fund. A significant portion of that experience should be in complex situations with a focus on restructuring or turnaround. This professional must have a history or professional and academic success and a high degree of intellectual horsepower.
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience:
The candidate will have a strong knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial statements while identifying strengths and weaknesses in a project or entity's given P&L, capital structure, etc.
The candidate should be able to work closely with other professionals both within the firm and with portfolio companies; be highly collaborative with strong written and verbal communication skills.
The individual will demonstrate proven success and skills in due diligence, qualitative and financial analysis including three statement / cash flow modeling. Proficient in multiple valuation methodologies including, discounted cash flow, comparable company and precedent transaction analyses.
[the firm will not be able to transfer/sponsor work visas]
What's on Offer
The company enjoys a collaborative culture where there is a meritocracy of ideas and every member of the investment team has a significant impact on the growth of the firm.