You are here
Process Chemical Engineer
About Our Client
Our client is a FMCPG multisite international organization with a well established presence in Asia, Europe and the America.
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of bulk processing to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity and pressure.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in processing of new products and test proposed process in small-scale operation.
- Coordinate with Quality team and troubleshoot problems with chemical
- manufacturing processes
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, raw materials, formulas, and processes.
- Conduct product specification analytical tests.
- Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of raw materials and finished goods.
- Write technical papers and reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, or tests.
- Assess changes in composition and stability of both raw materials and finished product substances using quantitative and qualitative analysis after exposure to heat, light, varying rates of shear, cooling and chemical catalysts.
- Also assist with new formula development in the research lab. Formulation of new products, design and execution of product testing, data management and technical support for other functional groups.
- Develop new robust formulations meeting Marketing's specifications and timelines as indicated by a Project Brief through bench experimentation
- Reformulate and/or improve existing formulas through bench trials.
- Prepare laboratory batches or assist technicians in preparing on an as needed basis for stability sampling, safety testing, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, marketing evaluation and mock-ups for Retail and PR.
- Develop specifications and standards for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Source, evaluate and approve new and/or alternate raw materials.
- Serve as R&D representative on cross-functional project teams.
- Attend relevant courses and seminars on cosmetic science to enhance product development skills. Keep abreast of scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology and marketing trends required to efficiently develop innovative products within the determined timeframe.
- Provide day-to-day direction and guidance to lab technicians and provide feedback as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's Degree in Process Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering. Three to five years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ideally the applicant with have experience in projects overseeing reduction in scrap costs, formulation costs and implementation of scale up batch.
What's on Offer
Salary, bonus plus benefits.