You are here
Procurement Manager: Residential
- Procurement Manager position with highly-regarded residential home builder in DC
- Chance to have full responsibility for purchasing functions for DC-based GC
About Our Client
This company is an experienced and respected residential home builder and civil construction firm based in the heart of Washington DC. For over 100 years, this company has been transforming ideas and visions of clients into projects that exceed expectations. Dealing with anything from pre-construction to general contracting to the post-construction phase, this company is involved in all parts of the process, leading to a unique and exciting work environment.
- Lead all pre-bid activities from a procurement/contract management perspective. This includes: vendor identification, assessment/evaluation, coordination of MDE, DBE activities to ensure goals are achieved, partnering with the other functional areas to ensure pre-bid proposals include scope review and schedules from subs and vendors, ensure that bid documents are secured (bid bonds, insurance, executed documents).
- Work closely with other functional areas to address of procurement and contract activities once the project is awarded. This includes: vendor selection, negotiating terms and conditions, coordinated the distribution of Award Letters, coordinate subcontract activities, purchase orders, professional services and maintenance contract processes from draft through final selection.
- Manage RFP process
- Negotiate contracts and subcontracts and other agreements in partnership with legal and company policies and procedures
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure that all required contractual documentation is obtained, executed, and made available for review.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience within a construction company
- Strong business acumen, detail orientation, ability to effectively utilize analytics to drive business results, and an entrepreneurial orientation.
- Relationships in the DC area with local subcontractors
What's on Offer
Seeking role with an excellent, highly-regarded company where you can have an immediate impact? If so, submit your resume now.