You are here
- Join a global company covering over 80% of the market share
- Experience with purchasing high tech components
About Our Client
This is an outstanding opportunity to join and grow within our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures the company is prepared to react appropriately
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts
- Monitors supplier financial health
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT ("Supplier Account Team") meetings
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs)
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
The Successful Applicant
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Negotiation skills are critical. Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally. The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job. Must be able to professionally represent the company to outside vendors. Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred. Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Engineering required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate has a minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment, including a minimum 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing. A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred. Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required. Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential. Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
What's on Offer
Lots of people interaction
Mix of strategic as well as tactical issues
Multi-disciplined (engineering, business, manufacturing, etc.)
Multi-cultural and international (both in terms of national as well as corporate cultures)