You are here
Procurement Specialist - Direct Materials
Global company with rapidly growing North American operations
Looking for sharp up and comers to grow with the business as they scale
About Our Client
Our client is a global firm with a rapidly growing North American presence. They have experienced double-digit growth year-over-year the past five years and due to high volume have expanded multiple distribution centers nationwide. This is a great time to join a growing company while it establishes its North American foothold.
- Makes all purchased material management decisions based on results of supply planning tools & systems using best methodologies
- Executes material delivery schedule changes in accordance to vendor's and/or manufacturing lead-time and time fence policies (PO quantity, delivery date, etc.).
- Creates and maintains realistic and feasible material supply plan through the S&OP planning horizon as well as managing material inventory levels and expired material inventory.
- Ensure all material requirements in material planning tools & systems are relevant and accurate.
- Effectively communicate with production and supply planning personnel to validate/update the latest material plan and delivery schedule on a daily basis
- Resolve Raw Material crisis situations; Support Supplier Report Cards issue process; low level negotiations & handling of routine quality issues with suppliers
- Responsible for Raw Material Master Data Integrity
- Responsible to drive Continuous Improvement metrics and Cost Savings activities locally and support Material Planners globally at other manufacturing sites
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- SAP experience a must
- 5+ years experience in planning, buying, tracking and expediting of materials in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and/or certification in Six Sigma and Lean desired
What's on Offer
Target salary is $60k-$75k. Salary is commensurate with experience and fit