You are here
- The Procurement Specialist (PS) will be part of the Procurement Operations team.
- The PS supports Procurement Team members who are responsible for sourcing of dir
About Our Client
A well known global CPG organization that is based out of the Westchester, NY area.
* Support the development and preparation of bid documents, including contract terms and conditions and requirements related to special procurement and contract needs.
* Prepare, draft and negotiate vendor agreements, amendments and other legal and purchasing documentation for strategic sourcing initiatives and procurement engagements
* Review vendor engagements in conjunction with Data Privacy and Information Security requirements to identify terms and conditions that present risk to clients in a clear, concise manner
* Help answer questions from clients about interpretation of terms and conditions of contracts, and advise clients on policies surrounding the contract process, as well as, issues such as non-compliance with internal policies or compliance requirements.
* Administer and negotiate the following:
Product Purchase Agreements
General Service Agreements
Service Agreements, Staff Management and Statement of Works
Product Evaluation, Loan and Rental Agreements
Order Forms/Schedules, Addendums, Amendments, Work Authorizations and Change Orders
* Analysis, RFP, RFQ, RFI: Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and analyze bid responses.
* Negotiation: Negotiate and draft enterprise wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal terms and conditions. Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner.
* Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status
* Field and respond to questions from various client groups on day to day business in a timely manner
* Follow up on Insurance Certificate completions with vendors in accordance with agreements issued
* Support ad hoc reporting and spend analysis as required.
* Provide administrative support which entails scheduling meetings, visitor passes, and uploading agreements.
The Successful Applicant
* Knowledge of general Procurement/Sourcing best processes related to the purchase of goods/services
* Experience with Procurement duties/functions
* Experience with developing, negotiating and administrating contracts
* Strong working proficiency of MS Word, especially in redlining and comparing documents
* Strong analytical skills and ability to use MS Excel to compile spend reports
* BA/BS and/or a Paralegal Certificate
* CPM/CPSM or other certification
* Ability to manage and organize a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, meet deadlines and provide meaningful and prudent assistance and support to internal clients will be more heavily valued.
* Familiarity with data privacy, information security concepts, and other legal contract terms
What's on Offer
Our client offers a very competitive base salary with bonus, full benefits, vacation, 401k, etc.