You are here
About Our Client
Our client is an international FMCPG production and disstribution corportaion.
- The Procurement Specialist with parter with Marketing, NPD, Planning and Quality teams to develop and refine product sourcing strategies to support Marketing 3 Year Plan.
- Identify, qualify and onboard suppliers best able to meet corporate ongoing product portfolio needs.
- Recommend new product line concepts and innovation ideas through the use of supplier submissions, retail store and website visits, media trend resources, and trade shows.
- Quickly respond to concept & design briefs with relevant market and supplier feedback and options.
- Build library of primary and secondary packaging options for ready access by Creative, Marketing & NPD.
- Quote and execute product portfolio for both new and existing products per NPD project plan. Lead the sourcing execution of new products from receipt of Request for Quote (RFQ) from NPD up to initial order placement, including innovation projects, that fall within assigned categories and sub-categories. Liaise with Global Sourcing Managers in Europe and Asia to determine optimal supplier selection(s) for given programs.
- Participate actively in all cross-functional and line review forums, providing timely updates as well as contingency plans for any exceptions to timeline requirements.
- Select suppliers from Approved Supplier List (ASL) to quote product development projects.
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely issuance of RFQ's and the accurate updating of the Costing Sheets & GAP SmartFlow.
- Request, monitor and facilitate approval of pre-production (PPAP) samples.
- Work closely with Creative, Marketing, NPD, QA and Planning to ensure concepts meet all aesthetic, quality, capacity, inventory and margin objectives.
- Contribute to sample critique and approval in concert with Creative, Marketing and NPD.
- Review supplier quotes and select final supplier based on quality, landed cost, capacity, minimum order quantity (MOQ) considerations, aesthetic interpretation, lead time and supplier project load. Develop and communicate perspective on total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Negotiate and confirm final costs.
- Update events, manage sample requests, input product profile information and confirm item readiness for PO placement, all in GAP SmartFlow environment.
- Support development and maintenance of efficient global supply chain.
- Conduct annual cost reduction effort to effect margin improvement on carryover items.
- Quickly respond to any defective material report (DMR) issues to resolve with supplier.
- Manage 2nd sourcing and re-sourcing projects.
- Negotiate lead time and payment term improvements.
- Populate and communicate vendor scorecards measuring the supplier's quality, delivery and NPD performance.
- Support the updating of all purchasing-related SOP's.
The Successful Applicant
Business Planning & Results
Brand & Market Focus
Leadership & Talent Management
Influence, Communication & Presentation
Negotiation & Decision Making
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Marketing; and at least five years of progressive experience in product development and/or sourcing; or, the equivalent combination of training and relevant business experience.This position requires previous experience in purchasing raw materials, negotiating pricing based on volume, and building relationships with vendors. Must have strong price analysis, negotiation, cost management and inventory management skills. Must have strong attention to detail, strong negotiation skills, effective communication skills, be organized, a team player and be able to adapt to change effectively and efficiently. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
What's on Offer
Salary, bonus, benefits, etc.